Are you looking to share your iPhone’s location with an Android phone? Whether it’s for safety purposes or just to keep in touch with loved ones, there are various options available for sharing location between these two devices. In this guide, we will explore the different methods you can use to share your location from an iPhone to an Android phone.
Can You Share Location from iPhone to Android?
Yes, it is possible to share your location from an iPhone to an Android phone. However, due to differences in operating systems and privacy settings, the process may not be as straightforward as sharing between two iPhones or two Android phones. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with a few different options to make it happen.
Before we dive into the methods, it’s crucial to understand that sharing your location involves your privacy. Each method requires you to give certain permissions on your iPhone, allowing location access to the app or service you choose to use. Similarly, the Android user would also need to accept your location sharing request. Now, let’s explore the various methods for location sharing between iPhone and Android.
1. Share Location Indefinitely on iPhone to Android with Google Maps
If you and the Android user have a Google account, this is the simplest method for location sharing between your devices. Follow these steps:
- Open the Google Maps app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Go to “Location sharing” and select “Share location.”
- Choose the duration for which you wish to share your location, or select “Until you turn this off.”
- Select the contact or enter the email address of the Android user.
- Tap on “Share.”
The Android user will receive a notification with a link to view your real-time location on Google Maps. They can also choose to share their location with you in return.
2. Use Find My Friends App to Share Location between iPhone and Android
This app is specifically designed for sharing locations between iOS devices, but it can also work for cross-platform sharing. The Android user would need to download the app called “Find My” on their phone and follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, open the “Find My Friends” app.
- Tap on the contact you want to share your location with.
- Select “More” in the bottom right corner.
- Choose “Share My Location.”
- Enter the email address of the Android user and tap on “Send.”
- The Android user will receive a link to view your location on the “Find My” app.
Note that this method requires both users to have an Apple ID.
3. Share Location with AirDrop
If you prefer a more direct and temporary way of sharing your location, you can use AirDrop. This method only works if both devices are in close proximity (within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range) and have AirDrop enabled. Here’s how to use it:
- On your iPhone, open the Maps app.
- Tap on your location icon in the bottom left corner.
- Select “Share My Location.”
- Choose “AirDrop” and select the Android user’s device name.
- The Android user will receive a notification to accept or decline your location request.
Note that this method also requires the Android user to have an Apple ID and AirDrop enabled on their device.
4. Share Location via WhatsApp
If you and the Android user have WhatsApp installed, this messaging app can also be used for location sharing. Here’s how:
- On your iPhone, open a chat with the Android user on WhatsApp.
- Tap on the “+” icon in the bottom left corner.
- Select “Location.”
- Choose “Share Live Location.”
- Select the duration for which you wish to share your location.
- Tap on “Send.”
Note that the Android user must have WhatsApp installed and be in your contact list for this method to work. Also, they will only be able to see your live location during the chosen duration.
5. Use Scannero to Share Location between iPhone and Android
Scannero is a versatile app that allows users to share their location across different devices, regardless of the operating system. Here’s how to use it for location sharing between iPhone and Android:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to Scannero.
- In the provided search bar, enter the phone number of the Android user.
- Input a personalized text message that includes the tracking link.
- Click on the “Locate” button to send the message.
Once the Android user clicks on this link, you’ll be able to start tracking their real-time location. It’s important to remember that the Android user will need to accept your location tracking request, so make sure they understand why you’re asking to share locations. Also, the app only works if both devices have internet access.
6. Share Location with Third-Party Appssca
How to Use Moniterro to Share Real-Time Location from iPhone to Android
As an example, let’s take a look at how Moniterro can help you share real-time location from your iPhone to an Android phone:
- Go to the Moniterro website from your Android.
- Click on “Pricing” in the website navigation menu to explore the available subscription plans.
- Choose a plan that best suits your needs and click on “Buy Now.”
- Fill out the required information and complete the purchase.
- Once your purchase is successful, you will receive an email in your inbox with further instructions on how to use Moniterro for location sharing.
- Enter the Apple ID credentials of the iPhone you wish to track.
- For real-time location tracking, ensure “Location” is enabled in the device settings.
- The app will now start tracking the iPhone’s location, which can be viewed on the Android phone.
Note that Moniterro requires the target iPhone to have an active internet connection and location services enabled. Also, make sure to comply with any applicable laws and regulations when using such apps for location tracking purposes.
In conclusion, there are various ways to share an iPhone’s location with an Android device. Whether it’s using built-in features like Find My or utilizing third-party apps like Scannero, Moniterro, mSpy, or Haqerra, you have a range of options to choose from. Overall, these third-party apps provide a more comprehensive and reliable way to share location between iPhone and Android devices, making it easier to keep track of family members or friends in real-time. So next time you need to share your location with someone using a different device, remember these options and choose the one that best fits your needs. Happy sharing!